Audio version of the article
Deep learning is gaining an immense amount of popularity due to the incredible results that it is able to offer with comparatively little effort. Because of this there are a number of engineers who are trying their hand at building machine learning models with the wealth of frameworks that are available. Andrew Ferlitsch wrote a book to capture the useful patterns and best practices for building models with deep learning to make it more approachable for newcomers ot the field. In this episode he shares his deep expertise and extensive experience in building and teaching machine learning across many companies and industries. This is an entertaining and educational conversation about how to build maintainable models across a variety of applications.
- How did you get introduced to Python?
- Can you start by describing the major elements of a model architecture?
- What is the relationship between the specific learning task being addressed and the architecture of the learning network?
- In your experience, what is the level of awareness of a typical ML engineer or data scientist with respect to the most current design patterns in deep learning?
- Your currently working on a book about deep learning patterns and practices. What was your motivation for starting that project?
- What are your goals for the book?
- How have advancements in the operability of machine learning influenced the ways that the models are designed and trained?
- How do recent approaches such as transfer learning impact the needs of the supporting tools and infrastructure?
- Can you describe the different design patterns that you cover in your book and the selection process for when and how to apply them?
- What are the aspects of bringing deep learning to production that continue to be a challenge?
- What are some of the emerging practices that you are optimistic about?
- What are some of the industry trends or areas of current research that you are most excited about?
- What are the most interesting, innovative, or unexpected patterns that you have encountered?
- What are the most interesting, unexpected, or challenging lessons that you have learned while working on the book?
- What are some of the other resources that you recommend for listeners to learn more about how to build production ready models?
This article has been published from the source link without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.