Audio version of the article
Data science is one of the most exciting emerging fields. It provides meaningful information based on large amounts of complex data or big data. It is related to computer science, but is a separate field. Computer science is a field that helps to create programs and algorithms to record and process data, while data science deals with any type of data analysis, which may or may not use computers. This field is more closely related to the field of Mathematics and Statistics.
Applications of Data Science in various domains
Data science is becoming one of the most demanding fields nowadays and has already been applied in different areas. There are multiple applications of data science.
1. Searching on Internet: There are different search engines like Google, Yahoo, Bing, Ask, AOL, etc. which use data science algorithms to provide the best outcome for our searched query in a few seconds. Did you know that Google processes more than 20 petabytes of information daily? Imagine if there would have been no data science, Google wouldn’t have been the one which we know today.
2. Airline Route Planning: With the help of data science, the airlines can forecast the delay in flights, decide which class of planes to purchase, whether to accurately arrive at the goal, or take a stop in the middle of. Southwest Airlines, Alaska Airlines are among the best organisations that have included data science to bring changes in their manner of working.
3. Gaming: Data science is also used in the field of gaming. The brands like EA sports, Zynga and Sony have utilised data science to take the gaming industry to a next level. In motion gaming, your opponent player can investigate your past moves and then shape up its moves accordingly.
4. Recommender Systems: Have you ever noticed the suggestions about similar products on Amazon? They not only help you find relevant products from billions of products available with them, but also adds a lot to the user experience. Internet giants like Amazon, Twitter, Google Play, Netflix, LinkedIn, imdb and many more uses this system to improve user experience. The recommendations are made based on previous search results for a user.
5. COVID-19: Data Science Can Give Accurate Pictures of Coronavirus Outcomes. Medical professionals and others must get correct and up-to-date information about how the coronavirus situation changes day by day. Several organizations, including Johns Hopkins University, IBM and Tableau, have released interactive databases that offer real-time views of what’s happening with the virus.
This article has been published from the source link without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.