Audio version of the article
Analytical workloads require a well engineered and well maintained data integration process to ensure that your information is reliable and up to date. Building a real-time pipeline for your data lakes and data warehouses is a non-trivial effort, requiring a substantial investment of time and energy. Meroxa is a new platform that aims to automate the heavy lifting of change data capture, monitoring, and data loading. In this episode founders DeVaris Brown and Ali Hamidi explain how their tenure at Heroku informed their approach to making data integration self service, how the platform is architected, and how they have designed their system to adapt to the continued evolution of the data ecosystem.
Businesses are increasingly faced with the challenge of satisfying several, often conflicting, demands regarding sensitive data. From sharing and using sensitive data to complying with regulations and navigating new cloud-based platforms, Immuta helps solve these needs and more.
With automated, scalable data access and privacy controls, and enhanced collaboration between data and compliance teams, Immuta empowers data teams to easily access the data they need, when they need it – all while protecting sensitive data and ensuring their customers’ privacy. Immuta integrates with leading technology and solutions providers so you can govern your data on your desired analytic system.
- How did you get involved in the area of data management?
- Can you start by describing what you are building at Meroxa and what motivated you to turn it into a business?
- What are the lessons that you learned from your time at Heroku which you are applying to your work on Meroxa?
- Who are your target users and what are your guiding principles for designing the platform interface?
- What are the common difficulties that engineers face in building and maintaining data infrastructure?
- There are a variety of platforms that offer solutions for managing data integration, or powering end-to-end analytics, or building machine learning pipelines. What are the shortcomings of those existing options that might lead someone to choose Meroxa?
- How is the Meroxa platform architected?
- What are some of the initial assumptions that you had which have been challenged as you proceed with implementation?
- What new capabilities does Meroxa bring to someone who uses it for integrating their application data?
- What are the growth options for organizations that get started with Meroxa?
- What are the core principles that you are focused on to allow for evolving your platform over the long run as the surrounding ecosystem continues to mature?
- When is Meroxa the wrong choice?
- What do you have planned for the future?
This article has been published from the source link without modifications to the text. Only the headline has been changed.